Monday, September 27, 2010

The Catholic Defender reunites with John Michael Talbot

It has been several years since I had the chance to see John Michael Talbot perform and what an honor for us to have him come and Minister to our Parish here at Fort Hood Texas.

In the early 1980's a friend and myself were doing presentations on Rock Music through the concerns that we have on the moral decline of our society.

John Michael Talbot met us at Little Portions in Eureka Springs Arkansas giving us his advice and encouragement. He gave me an endorsement on what we were doing.

I still have his consideration and response on our work to this day.
To this day John continues to be true to his commitment to serving Our Lord and His Church.

He is a most gifted musician and he can sing. The Book of Psalms speaks of singing something like 66 times.

That might be one reason why those in monastic life pray them so often. Psalms 9:2-3 says, "I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will declare all your wondrous deeds. I will sing hymns to your name, Most High". I hope that through the fruits of these Ministries, more young people will rise up and fill the need we have today to see their gift of music as a blessing.
I want to thank John Michael Talbot for this amazing mini-mission and his team for their support.

I also want to thank David Nunez, the Catholic Coordinator on Fort Hood and also a member of deepertruth, for helping me arrange this event. We are working to bring more Catholic music events from across the Country.

I feel that this is important not only for our Catholic Artist's, but for our Catholic Community surrounding the Fort Hood area.

The late great Pope John Paul II was loved by millions of teenagers from all over the world. He created he World Youth day celebrations that have affected many.





HOME PAGE
Blogtalkradio Show
You Tube Channel
Twitter Page
E-MAIL US












No comments:

Post a Comment