Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Catholic Defender takes a quick look at the Trinity

(Editors note) (deepertruth wants to extend a great and wonderful day for all the Father's out there! May you be enriched by your families this day and everyday!)

The Trinity is the great mystery of the nature of God. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, one God in Three Divine Persons.

The easiest way that I've associated the Trinity together is my tool of water.

There is Steam, liquid, and ice that is of the same substance, yet three forms.

Using mathematical calculations, there are fractions, decimals, and percentages that can derive the same answer.

God is Creator, Redeemer, and Sanctifier. Just looking from the scriptures, there are some unique comparisons:

Isaiah 45:22-25 states, "Turn to me and be safe, all you ends of the earth, for I am God; there is no other! By myself I swear, uttering my just decree and my unalterable word: To me every knee shall bend; by me every tongu shall swear, Saying, 'Only in the Lord are just deeds and power. Before him in shame shall come all who vent their anger against him. In the Lord shall be the vindication and the glory of all the descendants of Israel".

Philippians 2:6-11 states, "Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross. Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father".

Revelation 1:8 states, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, the one who is and who was and who is to come, the almighty". Again, Revelation 21:6-7 states, "He said to me, 'They are accomplished, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give a gift from the spring of life-giving water".

Referring to Jesus, Revelation 22:12 states, "Behold, I am coming soon, I bring with me the recompense I will give to each according to his deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end".

Exodus 3:13 states, "But. said Moses to God, 'when I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your Fathers has sent me to you, if they ask me what is your name? what am I to tell them'? God replied, 'I am who am'. Then he added, 'This is what you shall tell the Israelites: I AM sent me to you".

John 8:57-58 states, "So the Jews said to him, 'You are not yet fifty years old and you have seen Abraham'? Jesus said to them, 'Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM".

1 Samuel 2:10 states, "The Lord's foes shall be shattered. The Most High in heaven thunders; the Lord judges the ends of the earth. Now may he give strength to his king and exalt the horn of his anointed".

2 Corinthians 5:9-10 states, "Therefore, we aspire to please him, whether we are at home or away. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive recompense, according to what he did in the body, whether good or evil".

The Catechism of the Catholic Church (232) states, "Christians are baptized 'in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit'. Before receiving the sacrament, they respond to a three-part question when asked to confess the Father, the Son, and the Spirit: 'I do". 'The faith of all Christians rest on the Trinity".

The Athanasian creed gives a summary of the early Church's teaching on the Trinity :

We worship one God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity, neither confounding the Persons nor dividing the substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost; but the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one, the glory equal, the majesty co-eternal. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten; the Son is of the Father alone, not made, nor created, but begotten; the Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son, neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

The Nicene Creed

I believe in one God, the Father almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
        the Only Begotten Son of God,
        born of the Father before all ages.
    God from God, Light from Light,
        true God from true God,
    begotten, not made, consubstantial
       with the Father;
        Through him all things were made.
    For us men and for our salvation
        he came down from heaven,
        and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate
        of the Virgin Mary,
        and became man.

    For our sake he was crucified
      under Pontius Pilate,
        he suffered death and was buried,
        and rose again on the third day
        in accordance with the Scriptures.
    He ascended into heaven
        and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory
        to judge the living and the dead
        and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
        the Lord, the giver of life,
    who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
    who with the Father and the Son
        is adored and glorified,
        who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic,
     and apostolic Church.
    I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
        and I look forward to the resurrection
        of the dead and the life of the world to come.
Amen.






HOME PAGE
blogtalkradio Show
You Tube Channel
Twitter Page
E-MAIL US

No comments:

Post a Comment