Saturday, April 16, 2011

*BEST OF DTB #79* "..... There will be an answer....Let it be"


In the Bible, and history, there are many instances where God speaks through the unlikeliest of people. I believe I experienced one of those myself.

In those moments, the person writing does not even understand the magnitude of what they are writing, for they are not writing, but God is writing through them.

When King David wrote those haunting and
prophetic words in the 22nd Psalm, did he even comprehend who it was whose voice he was echoing through time and space?

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Why art thou so far from helping me,
from the words of my groaning?
2 O my God, I cry by day,
but thou dost not answer;
and by night, but find no rest.
3 Yet thou art holy,
enthroned on the praises of Israel.
4 In thee our fathers trusted; they trusted,
and thou didst deliver them.
5 To thee they cried, and were saved;
in thee they trusted, and were not disappointed.
6 But I am a worm, and no man; scorned by men,
and despised by the people.
7* All who see me mock at me,
they make mouths at me,
they wag their heads;
8 "He committed his cause to the LORD;
let him deliver him, let him rescue him,
for he delights in him!"
9 Yet thou art he who took me from the womb;
thou didst keep me safe upon my mother's breasts.
10 Upon thee was I cast from my birth,
and since my mother bore me thou hast been my God.
11 Be not far from me,
for trouble is near and there is none to help.
12 Many bulls encompass me,
strong bulls of Bashan surround me;
13 they open wide their mouths at me,
like a ravening and roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint;
my heart is like wax,
it is melted within my breast;
15 my strength is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue cleaves to my jaws;
thou dost lay me in the dust of death.



Mark 15:34
And at three o'clock Jesus cried out in a loud voice,
"Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God,
my God, why have you forsaken me?"



Why did Jesus cry out these words? Why did He feel abandoned by the Father?

This is one of those most wonderful paradoxes of our precious Christian faith. At that moment you feel the most abandoned, the most lost, the most alone, the most despaired of hope and consolation, it is then that you are the closest to Jesus.

Those Christians who suffered the most, most closely imitated and united with, His sufferings and filled up the covenant- that which is lacking in His afflictions.



Colossians 1
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church,

To rejoice in our sufferings, for someone else's sake, sounds like foolishness. However, it is only foolish to the fools. Jesus suffered for our sake and it is the greatest privilege possible to join him at Calvary, even if only in a small way. In the midst of our deepest despair, our most unbearable loneliness, our most piercing and penetrating pain, our most violent storm, hangs the despairing, abandoned and suffering Jesus, united in all our agony.

Many Christian pastors, despite their best intentions, cannot answer this one question;

Why do Christians suffer?


The answer? Because that is where you find Jesus. There is but one way to Jesus and that is the Via Delarossa.... the way of the cross.

In accepting the sufferings that come our way, we draw closer to God by emptying our souls to Him, gaining empathy for the lost, forsaken and downtrodden and gaining a greater appreciation for what He did for us.

If anyone thinks that he can get to heaven by avoiding the way of the cross, he must think again.


Mark 8:34-38
And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."





We must follow Jesus on the way of the cross and, in following Him, we will meet His Mother, as He did. Who knew His sufferings more than her? What an ocean of suffering overtook her seeing Her Divine Son tortured, murdered, mocked, abandoned....

When it comes to Our Lady, protestants miss the forest for the trees. Jesus didn't merely suffer for us, He suffers with us and we with Him. Never was this sublime mystery more present than with His Blessed Mother who Simeon foretold would suffer the sword of agony in Her own soul (Luke 2:33-35).

Mary was the perfect example of Christ-like faith and her suffering had to have been unbearable but, unlike 11 of the 12 apostles, She never abandoned her Son. No one knew Christ's sufferings better than His Mother because She joined Him in His passion as we are called to do as well.

Jesus gave us Her Mother in John 19:26 and that we belong to Her is the surest sign that we belong to Him.

In one the darkest days of my life, in 2007, leveled by catastrophes, bereft of hope, I cried out to God "Why!? Why!? Why!?". Why did my family have to be victimized by these horrible events? My family had suffered events that destroyed my life, eviscerated my hope, left me with no reason to live.

In other words.....

"My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"

The simple, stunning, but unmistakable answer came from the radio.....

"There will be an answer....Let it be"

That song was almost 40 years old. What are the odds it would be on at that time?

Do I believe Paul McCartney is a prophet? I do not. Do I believe that song was inspired by God? I do. And I do believe that my Blessed Mother, through that song, was speaking to me..... yes.....words of wisdom.

"My child" I could almost hear her say. "I know you are in agony, I know you don't understand" Her calming voice to my soul, "but" She continues "There will be an answer..... Let it Be"

I began sobbing, right there behind the wheel, right there on Route 287 eastbound. Just like a baby.

Shortly after that, I listened again to the song I'd known pretty much all my life in a whole new way...

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me,

speaking words of wisdom; "Let it Be"

And in my hour of darkness, She is standing right in front of me,

speaking words of wisdom; "Let it Be"

Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be

Whisper words of wisdom, "Let it be"


And when the broken hearted people, living in the world, agree,

There will be an answer, Let it Be.

For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see

There will be an answer, Let it Be



Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be

Yea, There will be an answer, "Let it be"

Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be

Whisper words of wisdom, "Let it be"



And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me,

Shine on until tomorrow, Let it Be

I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me.

speaking words of wisdom; "Let it Be"



Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be

Yea, There will be an answer, "Let it be"

Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be, Let it Be

Whisper words of wisdom, "Let it be"

There is not doubt in my mind that this song was inspired by God even though I don't think even Paul McCartney, the writer ever realized it. Our Lady does come to us in times of trouble and She is standing right in front of us in that hour of darkness. Finally, She does tell us that we may have to endure a season of suffering (1 Peter 4:12-19) that we do not understand. yet, if we do, we must not despair of God's love or feel forsaken. True, we may not understand why God allows even horrific sufferings in the lives of some. However, in the midst of your agony, hold fast to that promise, it will be what makes you whole again.

There will be an answer. Let it Be.

In August of 2009, I was blessed to be at this concert. I cried when he did this song.




HOME PAGE
Blogtalkradio Show
You Tube Channel
Twitter Page
E-MAIL US

No comments:

Post a Comment