The definition of CHOICE is: the right or opportunity of choosing, having an alternative. So I have to ask those who call themselves pro-CHOICE, what are you choosing, what are the alternatives given to women in a crisis pregnancy? The stats of our nation’s number one abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, shows that 96.3% of their services to pregnant women in 2008 were abortions and the other 3.7% were adoptions and prenatal care. * So with that, we can come to the conclusion, that to them CHOICE means ABORTION, with obviously little focus on any alternatives.
Now what is interesting, on NARAL’s website, it writes about Crisis Pregnancy Centers and has this to say “While CPCs may falsely suggest that they provide a full range of reproductive health services, they clearly do not.” Well that’s a very disingenuous statement coming from a movement, that cant own up to what their CHOICE is and how little CHOICE women are given at abortion “clinics”. They also, don’t ever call themselves, by what they really are, abortion “clinics”, but disguise their name as “women “health” centers.
If we look at women who have had abortions, 64% of American women felt pressured by others, more than half felt rushed or uncertain, yet 67% received no counseling, 79% were not told about available alternatives, 84% said they were not fully informed.** Does this sound like CHOICE to you? Is CHOICE coerced, rushed and uninformed ?
It certainly is no secret that Crisis Pregnancy Centers do not provide abortion services nor do they refer women to the NO-CHOICE abortion mills, because some choices are ugly and wrong. CPC’s provide women and their unborn child, with the help they need , to get through the pregnancy, support their child, or put that child up for adoption. They are given alternatives that they won’t regret, they are given information to make the CHOICE best for both them and their child, and they are not forced or coerced to make the decision that is best for the both of them. Now, doesn’t that sound more like CHOICE? And don’t ALL WOMEN and their unborn children deserve the best CHOICES, regardless of how that pregnancy came about?
The anti-life movement, has hijacked the word CHOICE, they misuse and distort its meaning, doing so, because they can’t fess up, to what their CHOICE really is. ABORTION. If you support something which is so ugly, you can’t use the word, maybe you should rethink what you are CHOOSING!
So based on the facts, wouldn’t it be more appropriate for NARAL to call upon their bloggers to “Blog for ABORTION Day”? or “Blog for NO CHOICE day?”
Tomorrow, hundreds of thousands of supporters of CHOICE will be marching in Washington D.C. They will be marching for the right choices, they will be marching for the CHOICE that gives life, not takes life, the CHOICE that heals, not harms. The Author of Life, will not bless America, until America truly becomes pro-CHOICE.
" I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live" Deut 30:19.
This blog was submitted by Deeper Truth member - Margie Sindelar
If you are in, or know someone who is in a crisis pregnancy, call 1-800-395-HELP.
DTB facebook Page
Blog Talk Radio Show