Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Catholic Defender: Troublesome Waters

Recently, I had the opportunity to speak with a lady who works at an area hospital that I worked at. I was walking through the area making sure all was secure.

I was able to spend some time talking with her as I helped her with supplies.

In our conversation, the subject of the Catholic Church was brought up.

I think it was because of current attacks coming from the Obama Administration forcing Homosexual practice and abortion upon the United States.

These mandates are not being recognized as an infringement on Christians. Christians are expected to suck it up and drive on.   

As we continued our discussion, the Lady identified herself as a former nun coming to the United States from Germany.

I also learned from the Lady that she was also divorced and remarried. At first, she was defensive about being a christian, she prays everyday, she believes that she is loved by God, she felt that she was "saved".   

I wanted to take positive those things she said and build on them to make a stronger case for the Catholic Faith. I was able to communicate the foundation of the Catholic Faith coming from Jesus Christ, scripture, history and tradition.   

The more I was able to discuss this with her, the more she opened up and recognized the truths I was communicating to her.

I encouraged her to go to Mass, to make an appointment to see Father, and to work towards reestablishing her Catholic Faith in her life.

That the Sacraments were vital because of the grace that Christ offers through them.

By the time I had to go the Lady was emotional as she recognized her need to be restored to the vinyard of the Lord.

This conversation is not an isolated case as I have had many such talks with people who have disinfrancize themselves from the Church because of bad ill-thought out decisions in their lives.

Hosea 4:6 warns, "My people perish for want of knowledge! Since you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you from my priesthood; Since you have ignored the law of your God, I will also ignore your sons."


That is a very powerful warning that I have witnessed so many times through very quick observations. Because people have not placed God high on their list, they are swallowed up by the world.   

They are not placing the importance of the Lord in their lives so their loyalty to the Church is minimal (nominal) at best.

 Jesus warns, "I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot. So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:15-16).

Because our faith is not strong, we succumb to our own weakness and the lure of sin. People make bad decisions many times because they are not grounded on the gospel.

They have allowed themselves to fall for the many temptations placed before them. Going back to the discussion with the Lady, she told me that her first husband committed adultry when he was deployed.


She also told me that the Battalion Chaplain told her that "Men have special needs and can't control themselves in war."

It is obvious that she did not accept that nor do I. I was faithful to my wife and I am thankful for my Faith!

I do not see how people live without it? This very morning, I was at the PX on Fort Hood picking up medication for my wife.

I sat down waiting for my number to be called when I saw this lady go up to get her meds.

Now, I was finishing my Divine Mercy Chaplet as I sat there waiting.

This woman wore these see through pants that gave little imagination.

And it seemed like she was there for 10 minutes standing at the window.   

The chairs are fixed in a way that you are facing the windows and try as you might, you couldn't help but notice this lady's personality?

That was difficult to keep my mind on the Divine Mercy. Then, about that time a Lady was sitting behind me chastizing her son for playing with a group around an ouija board.

She was complaining that she would have to get this woman spiritualist to come and clean their house.

I couldn't take it after that, I turned around and identified myself, offering why I would make an appointment with a Catholic Priest! I definitely got her attention as well as her son.

That conversation helped me keep from having to struggle from looking at this other ladies personality.  

Our Society has gone so far from our Christian roots that secularism is becoming the social norm.

Even Catholics are being confused and compromized.

That's why so many of them are "lukewarm" and "nominal". People are out to make a quick dollar and we have lost the understanding of working for things. We expect to have these things.

When you surrender your soverignty to a secular State we are soon trapped in the darkness of our own device.

The Troublesome Waters that is threatening our faith is causing so many to lose their faith.

Matthew 24:13 warns, "But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved." Jesus also says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice (The voice of the Catholic Church) and opens the door, then I will enter his house and dine with him (Eucharist), and he with me. I will give the victor the right to sit with me on my throne, as I myself first won the victory and sit with my Father on his throne".

 What a great promise that is understood to be the Mass until the Lord returns at the Parousia.    Deepertruth wants to encourage you to make the Mass the center of your life, to put on the whole armour of God.

If you do, you can many times avoid the troblesome waters surrounding you. You will be able to navigate through the darkness guided by the light of Christ.

St. Peter writes, "Therefore, gird up the loins of your mind, live soberly, and set your hopes completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Like obedient children, do not act in compliance with the desires of your former ignorance but, as he who called you is holy, be holy yourselves in every aspect of your conduct, for it is written, 'Be holy because I am holy" (1 Peter 1:13-16).

Home page DTB facebook Page You Tube Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment