Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Catholic Defender: Stand For Life

Folks, it is that time of year when people will put on their marching shoes and go pray at the Abortion facilities.

This is good because "40 Days For Life" has done a lot of good to get people to think about what abortion is.

It feels good when you have people out there all day long to stand for life.

I see people out with their rosaries and prayer books to pray and meditate.

This is American freedom to be able to assemble and take a stand for life.

Our Priest spoke of how important it was for him to have gone out there on the front line.

I think it is even more important for him to go there for the sake of the people out there.

This particular lazy day, I had the opportunity to come out to the Abortion Clinic in Killeen Texas where I prayed the Rosary and the Divine Mercy.

This day was a slow day, there was only two of us out there but I felt it mattered not.

I positioned myself with my cross and stood up where I was most visible to those driving by.

What a great feeling it is to get people honking their horns giving you the thumbs up sign and waving towards you.

That is a great encouragement. Often I will have people stop and pray with me because they are affected by our witness.

That means a lot! This day, one person stopped to thank me for taking a stand for life.

He wanted to share his story with me and I was eager to listen as I waved on to the traffic passing by.

Another Lady parked in the parking lot behind me and was taking pictures of me.

I didn't know she was there initially, but I had that feeling that someone was watching me from the back so I stopped and turned around and there she was.

She then got out of her car and brought her camera wanting to take some pictures.

She was Norwegian traveling the United States and was simply driving by and saw me with the cross.

This Lady actually took these pictures I have for this article! I encouraged her to be safe and enjoy her traveling our Country.

One of my Daughter-In-Laws (Szilvia) is leaving the United States today for Hungary.

Her Mother is in the Hospital and it is important for her to go home and see her Mother.

My wife Gigi is still watching the grandchildren in Washington State so I am still on my own for another couple of weeks.

Another lady came by with her son and saw me and then stopped to tell me her story.

She told me the sad truth that she had two abortions when she was younger. That is still affected her deeply.

I was able to encourage her and was glad that she stopped to talk to me. She told me how important her faith was to her.

This is very important, in fact, a most important message of 40 Days for Life.

That a woman needs that healing for inner peace. That Jesus will forgive her.

That is the mission of the Church, to liberate the captives and set them free in Christ.

Even on a lazy day, you can still get a lot of things done just by being available!


Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment