Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dear Father, Dear Mother, Dear Lord, Dear Spirit

Dear Father,
28 of your children were murdered yesterday at an elementary school including 20 of your precious little ones. Father, you, who were are told works all things together for good, (Romans 8:28), how will you bring good out of this?

Father, we grieve for the brothers and sisters, moms and dads, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews, cousins and grandparents. The childhood friends and playmates, the neighbors and everyone else, how will they be consoled? Will they be as Rachel?

Father, we cannot even imagine the grief of these families. Will they blame you and feel that you abandoned them like I did in my day of darkness? Will they never be able to separate this unspeakable tragedy from this season of joy and light? Worse, will this cause more people to be scandalized and lose faith and have your Holy religion held up to scorn and ridicule? Forbid it, Father! We plead that you fill these suffering people with your grace and consolation. Hold them in your arms! Dear Father, show us how you will bring good from this agony, just as you did at Calvary.

Dear Mother,
You are His mother, you are our mother. Oh, holy Ark of the Covenant, John lept with joy in his mother's womb at the very sound of your voice and she was filled with the Holy Spirit. Oh, that the child in the womb could be comforted by your voice today. Oh, that we might all hear your voice today instead of the sounds of shrieking and crying and suffering.

You, Dear Mother, who God has made an enemy of the evil one (Gen 3:15, Revelation 12:17), we implore you, by the power of your Divine Son, to crush his head and rid the world of his tyranny.

Hail Mary, full of Grace,
The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Dear Lord,
I am shaken. Help me. I am sorrowful. Forgive me. I am helpless. Strengthen me. You who search hearts, look at mine and find one broken and dispirited. How long will I fail to progress on my journey from Attrition and Contrition to Submission? Why can't I break through? Did my sin contribute to what happened at this school? I am ready to try again. Dare I approach your throne of Grace one more time? Dare I plead for your mercy again? I know that to be saved you cannot be my savior only, you must be my Lord.

And why not? Why would I want to serve another? Why would I want to cooperate, even in the smallest way, with he whose malevolence was unmasked yesterday. Satan, the ultimate coward and bully, picks on the children- the weak ones.
Jesus, My Lord, let me rush to your side and let me never again forget either your mercy or your justice. Let me always be focused on the last 4 things- Death, Judgement, Heaven and Hell and set me free at last from the heavy chains that are my own pride and selfishness.


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.


Dear Holy Spirit,
Sanctify us! In your mercy, cleanse us of this poison. Help us, renew us! Set us on fire in love. We are drowning, rescue us!

Yesterday's horror was only shocking in how visible it was. We have been slaughtering the babies for decades now, offering them to the god of hell whose blood lust cannot be satiated. Send your power and break his bonds and set us free. Amen

Lord have mercy.











Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment