Sunday, March 31, 2013

He is risen!

A wise man once said that there is one thing that separates Jesus Christ from all the other great leaders, messiahs and prophets of the past- the tomb.

All of their tombs are full. His is not.

The Resurrection is the historical fact that gives all life meaning. Without the Resurrection, the evil win, death and suffering and tragedy are the final answer.
I read just this morning of a child who has a recurrence of cancer. How to make sense of such a tragedy? Answer: The Resurrection. Every hope of even the most desperate situation goes beyond our ability, through the grace of God to overcome misfortune and conquer calamity. The hope of the Resurrection surpasses even this hope in that even if death and misfortune conquer us (and at some point they will), death and misfortune are not the final answer.

Oh death, where is your victory? Where is your sting? (1 Corinthians 15:55)

Today, Easter Sunday would have been my parents' 62nd wedding anniversary. My father died on February 25th. I can still celebrate today because I know that Christ is Risen and because I know that Christ is Risen, I know that my father is too.

A blessed and happy Easter to all!






Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment