Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Catholic Defender: A Case of Spiritual Warfare

The following is a true story that I felt important to share.  I change the name to protect the privacy of the one sharing with me.  I simply call them here "Sam", and I am "Don".
 
Sam     Hello
Don     Howdy, how ya doing?
Sam     Physically, I'm doing prodigious,but spiritually, I'm not that great.
Don     Oh, your stronger than you think! I encourage you to hang in there, you got a good head on your shoulders.
Sam     Well, too be honest, I feel like that sometimes,but than I feel dubious
Don      Your not alone, but I trust ya, you can't go by feelings, you got to go by the will, that is where your the strongest.
Sam     I feel like every time I do really well, and when I"m spiritually strong, I get attacked and I go five steps backwards.  He has given me gifts that I don't understand,and gifts that I don't know about yet. Can I tell you something?
Don     That is normal, Satan is trying to penetrate your defenses, it is a real battle, that is why we strive to train ourselves in the practice of our Faith.  

Sam      I've gotten attacked physically
Don      By others at school?
Sam      By something evil, I honestly don't understand what was it Spiritually! This happens when I do really well spiritually.
Don      That is highly possible, Satan is trying to get a hold of you. Do you have your bible near you?

Sam     And it does scare me! I think so, We have lotas of bibles. I need to put more time into reading the bible.
Don     I understand, it is scary, look up 1 Peter 5:8-10.
Sam     But, why me? Why do I get attacked? It's not like I'm a saint, I'm far away from that! I'm little...
Don     Your being attacked because Satan wants to crush you and your on the right path. Obviously, the Lord has plans for you and the devil wants to intercept those plans.
Sam      What plans?

Don     I do not think of you as little, I do not know those plans, I do know that those who have been attacked in a real spiritual manifestation, there was a reason. Maybe your being called to pray more.
Sam    Weird things happen to me; I'm honestly scared.
Don     Did this happen recently?
Sam     The attack?
Don     Yes
Sam     A couple of months ago, Something else happened to me too.
Don     What exactly was the nature of the attack? Was it in the form of a temptation?
Sam     It was violent

Don     Were you demon whipped?
Sam     No, I was sleeping,and I was dreaming,and than I saw a a ugly dark figure, it scared me so than I woke up, after I woke up the figure was still there and I felt it try to grab me violently,but only for a short time, my mom came running.
Don     When you see this, the first thing you need to do is call out to Jesus. My Mother had such experiences, exactly, and this figure tried to prevent her from speaking Jesus.
She did the sign of the cross and it vanished. Knowing your Mother, I can see why it went running!!!
Sam     Something similar happened to me a couple years ago where I was about to pray,but I couldn't speak the words as if someone was trying to close my mouth---Good point!
Don     The sign of the cross is powerful, also holy objects are good to have around as well.
Not to mention the prayer to St. Michael.
Sam    Can I say something else I guess was a gift that God gave me!
Don    Most certainly.  BTW, this is confidential, only your parents and Father should know about this. At least for now, or maybe other relatives your parents and you can trust.
Sam    My family and I were praying the rosary, I was praying very passionately, and I suddenly felt randomly deep sadness, I didn't know why, I was so sad that I was crying and it was the saddest I have ever been, Apparently It was Holy sadness! It was weird I only have told you, and my parents I've been very discreet about it!
Don    This maybe a gift from the Lord, it is experienced in a variety of ways, but this is to give you a deeper understanding of the Lord's passion.
Sam    True
Don    This coming from the Lord reveals why Satan is challenging you. The Lord will not give you a cross you can't handle, but we are all in a war. Through your sacrifice and suffering, the Lord is using to save souls. This seems obvious to me.
Sam   Yes, I agree
Don    My encouragement is for you to continue the rosary, and the Divine Mercy, are you familiar with the power of the Divine Mercy over demons?
Sam     No, could you elucidate? I'm gonna get back on the praying horse!
Don     Jesus appeared to St. Faustina giving us the Divine Mercy Chaplet. He told her that the greater the sinner, the greater he desired to give them mercy. There was one occasion that St. Faustina writes about where she is taken by the Lord to a home where a man was dying. He was in great despair as demons harassed him. NObody could help soothe him. Then St. Faustina began to pray the Divine Mercy and that stopped the demons. They became furious with St. Faustina, but they could not touch her. We pray the Divine Mercy dedicating this for those who might die. Do you still have your bible?
Sam    Wow! I was familiar with St.Faustina,but not that particular story! Yes, I do.
Don    Check out 1 Timothy 4:7-9
Sam    ok let me check wait a sec, Deep stuff! I want to strive for Godliness!
Don    Yes, but it connects a temporary truth about physical training and with devotion. As we train and condition our body, there likewise, with greater intensity and zeal, the power of devotion.
Sam    I really like the contras
Don   Continue to make the Mass the center of your life.
Sam    Yes, I will! Thanks you so much for the bible quotes and for everything, I need to hit the hay.  Please keep me in your prayers!
Don    Most certainly, one last one! St. Paul writes, "Therefore,my beloved brothers, be firm, steadfast,always fully devoted to the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain" (1 Corinthians 15:58).
Sam    Amen! God Bless!

Don    God bless you Sam, may the Lord protect you and your family always.

Maybe the previous dialogue might not fit your experience.  Maybe some of you can relate to this story.  We are all involved in a spiritual battle and we all need the Lords help.  I encourage you to frequent the Sacraments,  to pray every day for God's direction in your life.  I encourage you to make the Mass the center of your life.

"Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil.  For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.  Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground.  So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace.  In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  And take the helmet of Salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God".  (Ephesians 6:11-17)

(Editors note) This very evening that I received this communication, My wife called me independent to this discussion.  It was about 3:00 A.M. her time (Colorado) when she began having a nightmare.  She was calling out my name for a good while in her sleep.  She woke up afraid and called me (4:30 A.M. my time-Texas).  This was really bizarre as both these events happened the same night.  We are fighting is a spiritual battle and the only way that we are going to win is through Jesus Christ.  It is through his Church that He offers great graces to fight the battles of life.  Please, if it has been a while since your last Confession, make plans to go.  If you have been away from the Mass, please come home and receive the King of Kings.  It is never too late, don't put off for tomorrow what you should do today.  God bless you all.




Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment