Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Counting down the hours

Well, there will be a few last minute notes and quotes thrown in my satchel and put on my horse before I start my ride to the O.K. Corral, so to speak. The showdown is basically set and I am just fine tuning at this point. I have had my share of fun with the hyperbole and the visual imagery. While I certainly would think of myself as a gun-slinger in the mold of Clint Eastwood in the Outlaw Josey Wales here, I am sure my opponent wishes to fancy herself as a type of Sharon Stone's character in the classic (and appropriately Biblically titled) The Quick and the Dead. (I actually number both movies among my all-time favorites).

Sure, these images are fun and stir up the backers on either side of this classic, approaching encounter.  I think it is important to allow a little levity into this very serious matter. That is, so long as we do not lose sight of the fact that it is a very serious matter.

Sola Scriptura is a very serious and destructive heresy- maybe the most serious and most destructive because it is so cleverly disguised by the father-of-lies as an orthodox and foundational Christian precept. Sola Scriptura does not uphold Sacred Scripture, it trivializes it. Rather than Scripture being what it truly is, it becomes whatever I want it to be. Through the years, I have seen people take some of the most incredible liberties with Sacred Scripture, from using Luke 14:26 to demonstrate that Jesus hated His own mother to using Matthew 15:3 to demonstrate that Jesus was angry with the Pharisees because they didn't kill their own children.

Margaret Sangor used Scripture to justify abortion, and, through the years people have used it to argue for and against just about every idea or notion that man can conceive. The Devil, himself quoted scripture in the wilderness.

Two things that have been irrefutably proven about Scripture are;
  1. There is not a thought depraved enough that man cannot find and twist Scripture in a manner that will seem, to at least someone, to support it.
  2. Man, over the centuries, has exhausted this practice to radical excess.
Sola Scriptura is nonsense and denying it is not to deny Scripture to the Sheep....but to the wolves.






Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment