Friday, October 18, 2013

I love Barack Obama

I will be honest. Saying those words literally causes a feeling of nausea. I truly, in the literal sense of the word, suffer a physical reaction to the very thought of saying that I love Barack Obama. The truth is that I don't feel like having any love for him. What I feel is nothing but utter revulsion for him.

Love isn't about feelings, it's an act of the will. The God who has shown me that He can love me, even when I feel utterly unlovable, has shown me that I must do the same.

So, though I have complete and utter contempt for his smugness, his narcissistic avarice and disdain for his fellow Americans, as well as his ruthless and heartless policies, I must still hope for his awakening and pray for his salvation, as the cost of my own.

I will be honest. I do not want to love Barack Obama. I want to hate him for the way he his destroying our country, fiddling ala Nero, as our economy burns. I want to despise him for his naked assault on human life, the sanctity of marriage and all of Christianity. No, I do not believe Obama is a Christian, as he absurdly claims. No, I do not believe he is an American citizen- I think that has been proven to be false. No, I do not think he cares for Americans and, Yes, I do believe his policies are destroying our country, even as he and his elitist wife sip Champagne on our dole.

It is undeniable that he has inflicted untold and catastrophic pain and hardship on millions and turned a blind eye to it. Yes, I have very good reason to be angry. Yes, I am more than justified in hating all of his policies and the arrogance and tyranny behind them. There is no denying that Barack Obama is a tyrant. There is no question that he is an enemy of the United States and of all that is decent and holy.

Yet, Jesus told me not to revile my enemies but to love them and pray for them. (Matthew 5:43-48). The sad fact is that if I cannot find a way to do this, I cannot be a Christian. For this was not a suggestion from Jesus, it was a command. If I dare to try and approach Jesus to raise me up, to forgive me, I must overcome this stubborn pride within me.

Should we as Americans be angry at the Democrats for trying to make slaves of us all? Absolutely. Yet, let's not be hypocrites, either. The Republicans have milked the public treasury just as much and are willing puppets of their own masters as well. If we are honest, are not money grubbing narcissists like Rush Limbaugh, Donald Trump and Mitt Romney every bit as bad an example of what a Christian should be as Barack Obama? One worships at the altar of power, the other at the altar of greed.

We, the people, bloodied and beaten, can either drown in our own tears or be washed and sanctified by them. It is love that covers the multitude of sins. There are numberless songs that say it-Love is the answer. Love will find a way. All you need is love. Love is like a rock. Love is like oxygen. How deep is your love? and well..... I'll leave you with this one.... because, it is what I need to live...










Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment