Monday, October 7, 2013

The Catholic Defender: FaceBook Hypocrisy

Have anyone out here in the real world ever felt the hypocrisy of FaceBook?

I have seen this repeatedly myself because I have stood up against the tactics of Anti-Catholics.

A great example of this happened recently when I posted an article "The Importance of Vigilance" on the "Gladiator's Areana 1" FaceBook Page.

The article itself is basically encouraging Christians to be strong in their faith despite what others think.  It was not an attack on anyone person.

Then out of nowhere an anti-Catholic known as "Eddie Rodriguez" began posting on this article which I doubt he read.  He started off with an apology stating that the Catholic Church was going to hell.  He made comments about me because I am Catholic.

I responded trying to show charity, but the more I responded for the Catholic Church, the more personal Eddie's attacks became.

"FaceBook has in it's rules that is suppose to be for civil discourse.  Consider these rules:

"Facebook does not tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow users to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but take action on all reports of abusive behavior directed at private individuals. Repeatedly targeting other users with unwanted friend requests or messages is a form of harassment."
Consider that before Eddie was done, he and his clan called me several names on a personal level to include attacking my Mother.  
Did FaceBook  step in for my defense? No, not at all, they came at me?

Consider this rule of faceBook:

"Facebook does not permit hate speech, but distinguishes between serious and humorous speech. While we encourage you to challenge ideas, institutions, events, and practices, we do not permit individuals or groups to attack others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition."
FaceBook allows terrible misrepresentations, hatred, lies, to be used against Catholics on a routine basis.  Anti-Catholic propaganda is the only real protected group on FaceBook.  Eddie came out on an article that had nothing to do with his attacks.
Eddie represents many on FaceBook who does the same thing everywhere.   They will go to Catholic sites just to pick fights.  They do not come in to debate, but they come in to attack.  Catholics that stand up to them as I have done will be the one FaceBook punishes.

90% of what I will post to people is simply "God bless you", I say that to anyone I notice who likes an article.  But when I have someone who makes the kind of attacks like Eddie, who has no intention of asking questions or even wanting to debate, I have to respond.

Notice this last statement by FaceBook:

"If you see something on Facebook that you believe violates our terms, you should report it to us. Please keep in mind that reporting a piece of content does not guarantee that it will be removed from the site.

Because of the diversity of our community, it's possible that something could be disagreeable or disturbing to you without meeting the criteria for being removed or blocked. For this reason, we also offer personal controls over what you see, such as the ability to hide or quietly cut ties with people, Pages, or applications that offend you."
FaceBook simply ignores anyone who responds to FaceBook's open hostility to the Catholic Church.  To allow people to attack Catholics in a personal way calling them whores, or what ever they desire shows a anti-Catholic bias.  




Home page
DTB facebook Page
You Tube
Blog Talk Radio Show

No comments:

Post a Comment